Dotnet35 and sp1 won't install

I’m trying to setup a bottle to run NanoCAD, and I can’t seem to install the dotnet 3.5 dependencies, either the plain one or Service Pack 1. Dependencies aren’t showing up in 32 bit mode, so I tried installing them in 64 bit mode, which didn’t work, whether it’s from the dependency menu or through the installation *.exe files I have.

Surely there’s a way to install them in 32 bit mode through the Terminal, but I can’t seem to find any documentation about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I’m on Linux Mint 21.2.

What exactly didn’t work? There’s a chance it might also not work on 32-bit mode.

Anyway, 32-bit dependencies are presumably fixed in the GitHub but for some reason it wasn’t merged yet.
Allow dependencies to be installed in 32 bits bottle by koplo199 · Pull Request #3101 · bottlesdevs/Bottles · GitHub

The install program starts up, and the download for dotnet 3.5 starts up, but during installation it just stops and gives me an error message, “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 has encountered a problem during setup”. There’s no error code, I’m just prompted to send an error report to Microsoft. Clicking on “Error log” doesn’t actually show me an error log, so I’m a bit at a loss right now.

I’ve also tried to run the dotnetfx35.exe file directly in Wine, I get a error that says I “must use “Turn Windows features on or off” in the Control Panel” error". In Winetricks it explicitly says that package is broken since version 5.12, and I’m currently using 8.20.

There were few reports of dotnet 4 failing to install on Bottles GitHub. Maybe the installers for some reason corrupted.
It may be good to ask on GitHub as I can’t help here more.

No problem. Thanks for your help.