Bottles interference with previously set up "plain" WINE-run WIN apps?

I am running Ubuntu 22.04. I have previously installed WINE, and I have a number of WIN apps running without issue via it’s use.

Bottles looks like a big step up from the plain vanilla WINE environment. However, I’m concerned about what if any negative effect(s) I may experience with already-set up WINE-run WIN apps should I install Bottles.

If it’s a factor, I am not interested in gaming. Essentially all the WIN programs I use are relatively simple engineering oriented apps.

Will these previously set up apps be ignored by Bottles? Automatically “assimilated” into it’s environment? Other?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike

Hi! I also was on WINE to run older 32-bit Win programs. Then I found BOTTLES and so far it works great to run 64-bit Win software without any problems. No interference with the old WINE that’s still on the system. The best way is to try and find out I think. Have FUN!!

Thanks! That’s exactly the info I was looking for.

1 Like

You’re welcome!! I don’t know if you need access to DVD or USB, other drives whatever, FLATSEAL is a program that can help to give you access to all that you need.

Generally, most of what I do is either computational, or writing/compiling/assembling/uploading code to PIC chips using WIN software that I like better than what’s available to run native on Linux.

But, again, thanks for the tip. Especially regarding USB, that might well come in handy.

1 Like

Made with ❤️ by Bottles Developers.

proudly hosted by

Privacy Policy