Adding application shortcuts to KDE application menu

When I install a program normally through Wine, by double clicking the EXE and going through the installer, it automatically adds the program’s start menu entries to my application menu, like it would on Windows. When I try to install a program through Bottles, it doesn’t do this.

Is there a way I can make Bottles add application shortcuts to my application menu automatically?

I’m using EndeavourOS with the latest KDE Plasma on X11.

That wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, but I guess the feature I’m looking for doesn’t exist. Thank you.

EDIT: To clarify, when you install a program in WINE normally, it adds all the program’s start menu entries to your applications menu automatically, and with the proper icons. I’d like it if Bottles could do the same, so that I woudn’t have to dig through my files to find the right EXE to launch the program with and add an icon file myself. I think it’d improve usability for a lot of users.

Working on it, currently it is not possible as winemenubuilder used by wine will generate broken entries

1 Like

Makes sense. I’ve had lots of issues with winemenubuilder in the past. I can’t wait to see how Bottles sorts things out. :slight_smile:

1 Like